Saturday 21 September 2013

September Birchbox



We have so much going on around the house at the moment this months box nearly got overlooked. The hall floor is coming up and the new flagstone flooring is being laid throughout the downstairs of the house . I was glad to be working for a couple of days this week!

Septembers box for me was a lovely little treat. I know I say it again and again, but I really enjoy getting these boxes. I also understand that it isn't for everyone. I love the surprise of not knowing what is in my box and unwrapping it each month. I have not once been disappointed.







Reverence de Bastien Nail Polish £16.00( Full size)

Bioderma Micellar Water £9.99 (sample)

Modelco Party Proof Lipstick £15.50 for set of 3 ( one full size in box)

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel £31.00  ( Good size sample!)

Molton Brown Ylang Ylang Body Lotion £18.00 ( sample)

Green and Blacks White Chocolate ( £2.99) ( sample)

I tried the nail polish out and it went on beautifully . It did chip after a couple of days, but this is usual for me and my lifestyle! The Bioderma is great for removing make up, but waterproof mascara needs somethings a little stronger. The lipstick is a lovely colour, but does not last as suggested. I shall enjoy it anyway. The gel is absolutely gorgeous - feels like your skin drinks it in. The Molton Brown scent was not for me somehow - not quite as strong as I expected. The chocolate didn't last past the photographs! Yum.

So at the moment I shall be continuing my Birchbox subscription . I enjoy my little treat each month.







Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.

8 comments:

  1. To be honest I think most nail polish chips after a couple of days, even with the best top coat. The best advice I can give is to paint a fresh top coat every two days to preserve the polish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice! I find painting my nails quite relaxing . What do you think of these Vinylux polishes by CND - I haven't tried them, but they seem to be a home version of the gel nails but without the lamp and last about a week! Have you got them/tried them? I'm interested in how they do! XX

      Delete
  2. I am so lazy with nail polish.....perhaps something to do with having no nails to paint it on!! I am considering going back to the eighties nail extensions that seem to be in vogue right now, but not so good to do the housework in??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and be good and put the ole marigolds on when I do the housework - never do in reality though! X

      Delete
  3. I like the lippie Claire - lovely colour! My young friend at work's nail polish lasts for 5 days - I've told her this will all change once she has a house/kids to look after so to enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have a treat. My treat is my Grazia subscription. A coffee and the latest edition and I'm a happy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of this before, sounds like a nice treat every month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice goodies there! Almost hyperventilated when I saw the Bioderma, as I'm still desperate to try anything from them!

    ReplyDelete