Thursday 4 July 2013

Extension Update

I haven't done an update on our building work for a few weeks.

I am having to make some decisions on flooring and surfaces and I am finding it tricky. Not only do we have a budget to stick to, but of course I have an idea in my mind of what I would like and getting the two to meet is impossible!

My kitchen colour scheme so far is french grey painted wood for the units ( these are very pale), a dark granite for the surfaces, an oven in pearl ashes and dark grey for the central island. The walls will be somewhere in this colour scheme, although I want to keep it all quite pale as it is on the North side of the house and does not get a lot of natural sunlight.

Here is a bit of a photo dump to give you an idea of progress over the last few weeks to where we are now!




Garage and Boot Room

Side of kitchen

Rear door and utility/cloakroom

Nearly to the roof!

Utility/cloakroom

Bootroom/backdoor/door to garage

Front bay window in new kitchen

Garage
The next set of photographs were taken yesterday.



Back door

Old kitchen /utility wall half gone!


New Utility room

Looking out through the back door!

A roof!

Another roof! ( Garage)

Wall coming down in new kitchen area

Looking out of back door from old kitchen

This wall is coming down tomorrow!




Part of the new kitchen


 I am beginning to tire of cooking on one ring and a microwave. October feels a long way off at the moment! 

However , it is coming together and there was even some painting being done this week too.

Onwards and upwards as they say!



Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.



Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.


12 comments:

  1. It is looking great, it's really nice when you can start to envisage your new space and think about decorating. Your colour scheme sounds lovely - I love greys - it will be fab!! (Hang on in there with the makeshift cooking, it will be so worth it!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! It's really coming on so quickly....I was thinking about your extension the other day actually...funny how things pop into your mind. You've also got incredibly tidy builders - lucky you! Hang on in there...it will be so worth it and you'll look back and think it was just a blip in time! Ax
    School Gate Style
    Scarf & Jewellery Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's really coming along. You must be getting so excited. Just imagine what fun and luxury it will be cooking in your new kitchen when it is finished. I think as it gets towards the end sometimes it gets a little harder. I developed a kind of fatigue at having people working in the house over a long period (7 months), even though they were very good and not too intrusive. It was a privacy and peace and quiet thing really, I just craved it after a while. Whilst I appreciated and was grateful for the hard work the builders were doing, I just wanted to get back to normal. I don't think it helped that my partner and I don't go out to work, but work from home, so we were there all the time, but it was so completely worth it with the benefit of hindsight. I wouldn't want to repeat it in the immediate future though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you can't wait until it's done! I know I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is coming along so well . I agree matching your love with your budget is so difficult. It will be so worth it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how exciting. I love greys in interiors, so think your kitchen plan sounds great. I know it's a serious chore whilst all the work is being done and I can well imagine how you're tiring of cooking with such minimal facilities ... but it will DEFINITELY be worth it! Can't wait to see the final pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's coming on great guns! October be here before you know it. I would love a boot room with all the mud creating activity we do, fabulous, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will get there in the end and it will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its going to be amazing....looking forward to the end result! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's getting there. A lot of progress has been made. Your color scheme sounds very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is really coming along! Hopefully with all this good weather we are having the builders *may* get a chance to get a few steps ahead of themselves! You are halfway through now time wise but I feel your *pain* at the cooking situation. I remember cooking on a baby belling and a microwave for a year - never again!

    ReplyDelete