Sunday 12 May 2013

Shopping My Wardrobe

This past week I have not felt myself.

It has taken me a while to recover from the bug I had and although I am back to health now I have felt exhausted and gave into it. Fortunately I only had one day when I was working last week so I took the opportunity to rest. The housework and the Blog took a complete break......

It has done me the world of good and I feel my energy returning. I have learnt that, despite my excitement at returning to teaching, I do have to pace myself with everything else I have on.

My little girl has become ever so attached to me all of a sudden. She doesn't want me to go out without her at the weekends or in the evening. I think she has noticed the change too and is nervous I won't be around when she needs me. She has always had me picking her up and dropping her off at school. Although on the surface she doesn't appear to mind I think underneath she is struggling a little with the changes.

I do feel blessed with the time I have had with my children at home. I have many happy memories, but am ready for the next chapter and to do something for myself too.

I have an old picture this week as I have worn this outfit a number of times .It is just so comfortable! The top was a bargain from a Charity shop. The Spring Boots are on, but I feel will be off again this week looking at the dismal weather forecast.


Charity Bargain Top
I am wearing:

Wallis Top - Charity Shop £2.50
Fransca Trousers - £40 Sale 2012
Scarf - Caramel £10
Open Toe suede Boots - Sale 2011 around £29
Missoni Sunglasses - Brandalley around £40



It is a constant struggle - trying to meet the needs of everyone and yet getting something out of life for yourself too!

How do you manage it?!


Linking up with Visible Monday.




Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.




21 comments:

  1. Glad you feel better. Hang in there, I know that feeling of overwhelmed and needing some space and time for myself. I must say that now that they boys are big they don't depend on me too much, infact I can ask them to do little things for me. I guess with time things will get/feel better. I started blogging because I finally have time for myself and too much at times that made me feel a bit bored especially with a husband that comes and go with his job. Hang in there, hope things will get better for you :)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am finding a bit more of a balance now! x

      Delete
  2. These transitions are challenging, aren't they? It seems you need the balance you have found in the past week - time for yourself as well as for everyone else. You look great here, and thanks for sharing with VisibleMonday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there with it - it will take a bit to get used to the change! XX

      Delete
  3. Oh poor you, I do think sometimes when our lives are so hectic looking after everyone else's needs that we forget to look after ourselves? Then our immune system gets weak and it makes us susceptible to getting rotten little bug's and viruses. You definitely did the right thing resting. I know what you mean with your little girl, children often don't like changes, but give it a few weeks, lots of reassurance, and everything will feel normal to her again. p.s. I think the hardest job in the world is being a Mother.....sounds like you are doing an amazing job at being a MUM and all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes it feels like I'm getting it all wrong!! Better this week I think! X

      Delete
  4. Good to have you back my darling.

    P.S. Enter my awesome giveaway http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.ro/2013/05/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you feel better. Sometimes you need a rest and luckily was able to recover with only one day at work. At least you are easing yourself back into work, it will take some getting used to but nice to get back to your old self x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who has worked through all four of my children's lives albeit part-time it is still a constant struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have admiration for anyone who has juggled work and raising kids !! XXX

      Delete
  7. Uh oh...sounds like you had the same bug that wore me out last week, too (check my post at Friendship, Life and Style!). Glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself, okay? You're looking great, if that's any consolation :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a constant struggle Claire - definitely - and I think we put too much pressure on ourselves these days. Our bodies have different ideas though! You obviously needed the rest (takes a while to get back to normal after illness - even though we expect to bounce back!). I'm sure your little girl will come round and get used to the new routine - bless her! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are having similar times Jen!! Hope you have had a better week so far too! XXX

      Delete
  9. You are a great, smart mom to notice your little girls anxiety. Your're probably aware of how touchy a moment this is, but like GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle." I'm sure you're up to it.

    This is an area of my life that I didn't manage with anything like grace. My daughter grew up pretty well, but I could have done better. Good for you to be so aware.

    On a brighter note, you look fabulous. I'm glad to see you over the Complete Awfulness.
    Carry ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you did a fabulous job :) Thank you for your encouragement too. X

      Delete
  10. Good you're back and fighting fit!! I often feel we run such busy lives on high adrenalin at some point...something's gotta give. Did this mean....you didn't do your Bank holiday carboot...?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - missed it ,so have a lounge full of car boot stuff still - next one coming up soon!!! X

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. You and your girl will find your balance again - sounds like you are going through that initial adjustment period. You really wear orange well by the way. X.

    ReplyDelete