Tuesday 5 February 2013

Juicing and your Health

The Juicy Lifestyle


I am a big fan of natural and raw foods. A few years ago we had a juicer and regularly would juice a variety of fruit and veg to supplement our diets . It made a huge difference to the way we felt and our overall health. However over time the juicer , as it was a cheap and cheerful model, gave up and at that point we had nothing to replace it with. So this Christmas, as a joint present to each other we invested in a better quality juicer, which is amazing. 

I am following a dettox 7 day juicing programme to kick start me into jucing again. It feels so good to be elimintaing so many bad things from my diet. I am not doing this in particular to lose weight ( although if that half stone from Christmas decides to disappear I will be happy), but to improve my health. I do suffer from various aches and pains,IBS, acid reflux, migraines and insomnia, probably half of it self induced! I am on day 6 today as I write this ( Friday) and am already sleeping better and feel my natural energy returning. I have had no stomach acid at all which is a revelation to me and feel considerably less stressed. I did have a severe day 2 headache that I think was a response to cutting out cafeine, but that passed! I haven't struggled with not "eating' as such. In fact I can't manage the number of juices on the plan per day as I am full. My husband is going to try it next week and we are reintroducing  juice into our diets going forward. It doesn't end up costing an awful lot more as you find you are not buying the many other ( often more expensive) foodstuffs to fill up on. Here are the recipes to my two favourite juices on this plan:


Fruit & Veg

Super Juice


1/2 lime
2 apples
1/4 pineapple
1/4 cucumber
1/4 avocado
ice cubes

Juice , then blend.

Passion 4 Juice


1/4 pineapple
1 apple
1/4 banana
200g natural yoghurt

Juice, then blend.

We do eat fairly well anyway, but I know I get lazy when I am busy and although I ensure the kids eat well I often skip meals and fill up on bread or cereal later. I am not a big meat eater and this is a way for me to introduce much more fruit and veg into my diet to get the nutrients I know I am missing. The plan I am following has suggestions of how to fit juicing into your regular eating and lifestyle - it is called The Juicy Lifestyle!!
  If you are interested in finding out more about juicing here is a link to Jason Vales website. Some amazing stories on here!


Design ©2012 Another New Day
www.takingachanceinlife.blogspot.uk 2012 - 2013
All personal images are owned by Another New Day
unless stated otherwise.


Images may not be downloaded,manipulated or reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Commercial or Private use without explicit written consent is prohibited and action will be taken through UK and worldwide copyright laws.


2 comments:

  1. I could do with a juicer Claire - I don't skip meals but don't always get my five a day and this sounds like a really good way to include more nutrients into my diet. My brother has one and is always concocting different fruit and vege juices. The Super Juice recipe above sounds wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a good investment - I feel so much better ! My energy levels have gone right up . We have all had the flu that put a spanner in the works for a bit, but I'm sure it helped me get over it too. When you see what goes in some of these juices you realise how much goodness you are taking on board - I'm a real convert now!! And I lost 9llbs too! X

      Delete