Wednesday 5 December 2012

Wednesday Beauty Buys

Dry Shampoo


This has got to be one of the products that in recent years has made a real comeback! Gone are the days of the dry shampoos that left a grey residue in your hair, or a powdery mess to brush out. In their place we now have a huge array on the shelves, ranging from the fantastic drugstore staples by Batiste to the salon makeover sprays. Batiste even offer a colour range which is so useful for covering up those oily regrowth areas when you are waiting for your hair appointment! 

Like many beauty products, at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference as to what you end up loving. However, what is so great about blogging is that you read reviews from people who have actually used these products and will give you an honest opinion about their effectiveness. Companies will tell you their product is fab whatever!

So I am on the look out for a different dry shampoo. 

I have used the Redken product, which is great, but does act more as a dry shampoo than a makeover spray. I know the Batiste products are really popular and I have used these too with success, not least because of it's reasonable price! However, I think what I am looking for is more of a makeover spray rather than a traditional "dry shampoo". Something I can use on any day to add a bit of volume and texture to my hair as well as helping to revive it on day 2 or 3. I don't get terribly greasy roots so I don't need something to sit on my roots to absorb oil. I am looking for something with a great smell too - just love products with a great smell!

I picked up this product - Toni and Guy Cleanse -  in a sample size from Boots this week as I liked what it stated in the explanation. It says it adds body and lift. It is a reasonably priced product too. I found immediately it worked more like a combination of a hair styling product and a dry shampoo , which is what I'm after. The only thing I wasn't so keen on ...again.. was the smell. Oh well, maybe that's too much to ask. I have also ordered a KMS makeover spray to try this week off Cheap Smells so I am hoping that may work as well and smell better!




What is your favourite dry shampoo or makeover spray?

8 comments:

  1. I don't ever really use it anymore although used to use batiste when I worked in london years ago and didn't always have time to wash my hair x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I haven't tried it yet. The word 'shampoo' kinda sets me off. I mean it's something that maybe I'll feel like I have to rinse off! I've heard of them so maybe after rreading your post I should try one. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the Batiste but can't say it made that much of a difference apart from making my head itch So I've not tried anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use dry shampoo all the time Claire - really helps with my greasy roots + gives body etc. I might pick up a small size of this one from Boots (after my temporary spending ban lifts!) + try it out -I'll risk the smell! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use it loads now - just to revive my hair! Ive heard that the KMS one smells amazing so am going to try that - such a fusspot! The Toni and Guy one is fine, works well and a good price, just smells a bit artificial!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still use Batiste but as I wash my hair every day I don't really use it much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get really greasy hair and use the lee Stafford dry shampoo, it definetley makes is look less greasy but it looks limp still so would definetley give the Toni and guy one a go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find those dry shampoos give the hair a brittle feel whereas I like mine straight and sleek so they don't really work for me. Since I had extensions my hair also itches a lot so I like to wash it everyday even though styling it takes a while. Itch!

    ReplyDelete