Tuesday 25 September 2012

What's on My Desk?

The Next Instalment in the "What's in My...?" series.

The table I had lovingly prepped and  painted earlier on in the year to save a bit of money got nabbed by the 11 year old for his homework and laptop time! So, taking pity on me as I had been relegated to sitting on the bed with my laptop and a pile of papers yet again, my husband had this delivered.....

The Desk Arrives!

 A lovely solid wood , deep grey , beautifully large and brand new desk. Love it. At the moment it is positioned in the big bay window in our bedroom until we have the work to the house done next year when hopefully I will have a corner in the kitchen to base myself. I have taken two photos of the desk, one at the beginning of the day and one at the end with my mess!

I have a lovely view out of this window over the rooftops to the rolling hills beyond. I feel very thankful each time I sit here.




What's on my desk:

My Mac
My ipad and Kate Spade cover
A purple note book for writing thoughts
My Cannon Camera
A small purple vase
A cup cake pot with a pin cushion in it
A Cath Kidston empty cup of tea
A pot of pen, pencils and scissors
Nail varnishes
A camera lead
Papers and letters from the kids schools
A Jolie Box with some freebies in ready to giveaway.
A wooden 'in' tray with bills to pay and products I am about to review - My ' to do ' pile.
A note book and pen
The home phone
My Samsing Galaxy S 2 ( The iphones better relation )
Some flyers, card and leaflets to look at.
A light
A wireless mouse
Screen cleaner
Pritt Stick.
Some new CDs to listen to.
On the floor :
My sewing machine
Photo frames ready to fill
A pile of clothes ready to list on e.bay





Nice and neat!


My miniature filing cabinet!

What could you not do without each day - your Phone? Your Laptop? Your Coffee!!?

19 comments:

  1. What a fantastic desk I need it in my life but I wouldn't have that view which is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - the colour doesn't come out that well but is beautiful - we managed to find it for a great price too. Amazing what you can do when you shop around! X

      Delete
  2. Beautiful desk, lovely view, and an excellent way to use the bay window...! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view is just lovely - trouble is I gaze instead of working! X

      Delete
  3. Lovely workstation - mine is the dining room table! I love big bay windows (it's what attracted me to our house) but your view is stunning! Can I just say that your 'messy' desktop would probably be my version of tidy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit of a neat freak, but every day it is getting worse! I found my 11 year old doing his homework on it last night as his was so untidy!! Cheeky! X

      Delete
  4. Now you didn't fare too badly out of that did you now? it's lovely and what a great place to work and do a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - we have ways don't we ?!! I love working at it - lots of space and a beautiful view . Now just need your style of writing and I'm set! X

      Delete
    2. Nothing wrong with your style of writing - I enjoy it because it's different to mine. And you call that a messy desk??? You ain't seen anything till you see the table when I make jewellery.

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely desk and what a nice place to work! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new desk is lovely and what a lovely view! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could do with a desk like that...I would never appear out of the room:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am spending more time at my desk than ever before!!

      Delete
  8. Love your filing cabinets and what an amazing view you have!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive had a good sort out and feel organised for the first time in ages - just need to get on with some work now!! X

      Delete
  9. I want a desk now! I have to work on the dining room tablet which just makes me want to clean the kitchen all the time! Lovely view as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning on moving it downstairs when we've finished the work to the house, but I'm not sure it's a good idea as I will just do the same - look at all the cleaning that needs doing!

      Delete