Tuesday 25 September 2012

September JolieBox Uk

 What's in the beauty Box this month?

I have had the JolieBox beauty box delivered for about 5 months now and I have been delighted with each one. The boxes are pretty and reuseable. The contents are well labelled and wrapped and there is a good quality extra as well. However this month, JolieBox, come on! It is a bit on the light side and I don't think I am the only one  who is disappointed in the contents. It is not so much what they are, but the expectation of a decent full size product for your money which for me this month did not materialise.

So here we go - a pretty two tone blue box - lovely . A good start!


The contents:


  • A sample size of Redkens Protective Straightening Lotion ( 30 ml - 1 fl oz) I am looking forward to trying this, but I feel this could have been a bigger product to pack the box out a bit.
  • Balmi Lip Balm wuth SPF 15 . This is full size, but of course small as it is a lip balm. Ok, but nothing special.
  • Twistband Hairbands - two bits of ribbon really that are slightly elasticated. I put my hair in one last night and it fell out. These are labelled as a full size product!
  • Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant - two small samples labelled as extras.
  • I Love Face Mask in a sachet labelled as full size!





Full size product? Twisted Hairband.

Balmi Lipbalm

Am I being a little harsh? I shall give them a few more months, but do have my eye on the Amarya Beauty Box so may well be changing sooner rather than later if things don't pick up.

12 comments:

  1. I've never subscribed to any beauty box .. in truth, had never heard of them until I started blogging. But I would be very disappointed with that .. it's no better than the random samples that you get at most make up counters when you make a purchase. So no, I don't think you're being harsh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I thought - I wouldn't have paid £10 for them at Boots! Usually I love what they send and can't wait to dig in so I am hoping it is a one off. The amarya organic box looks tempting though....... X

      Delete
  2. I did wonder about theses beauty boxes but I think you are better off buying what you want . The box seems the best part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd agree this month, although some months I've loved what Ive got! x

      Delete
  3. Yes, I like the boxes more than the contents too. But I'm not a great one for beauty things. I'm too lazy and having gone without for so many years, it feels too much like hard work to start now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boxes are so useful for storing bits and bobs in!! I do love trying out new products so love getting the products usually, but feel cheated this month!

      Delete
  4. MMmmmm...I want to try the strawberry mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Having had my moan I will enjoy trying them out! X

      Delete
  5. Nope - I don't think you're being harsh at all - I would have been disappointed with that box. I agree the Redken product could have been bigger. This month's Glossybox isn't fantastic though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just a one off - I hope so as I love my little monthly box! x

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of these beauty boxes before - and I love my lotions and potions too - the box looks lovely - shame some of the products inside weren't up to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's usually a lovely little treat every month and some fantastic products to try and review, but I felt just a little cheated this month.....

      Delete