Saturday 11 August 2012

Rescue Products!

My skin, post camping, was in the worst condition that it has been for a long time. Something to do with the fact that my One and Only managed to pitch the tent directly into the prevailing wind so we spent the week with a force 8 blowing straight into our faces. As I was designated Cook ( again) and the stove was also situated at the fore front of the tent(see here) I came home looking like a ruddy (complexion reference here not language slip) farmer. The wind sucked every element of moisture from my skin and I had flashbacks to my teenage years when instead of scouring the mirror for new wrinkles I was looking for pimples! 

So, being unable to book in for a longed for facial as I cannot escape have my three children at home, the three products I have used most to repair the damage are :



Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster - this is a little pot of magic! This is an intensive hydrating fluid that revitalises parched skin, hydrates, smoothes and minimises fine lines with a concentrated blend of hyaluronic acid, panthenol, glycolipids and algae extract to restore moisture. No artificial fragrance or colour. It may be a small pot , but it lasts and lasts.









Witch Naturally Clear Blemish Stick - A lovely natural product for minor blemishes that actually works without drying the skin out! You can dab it on as often as you need to. Handy little push up dispensing stick too.












Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm - A lovely cute little tin of rich moisturising lip balm and only cost me £1.50 as it was half price at Superdrug.  It has a slight menthol feel to it when applied which seems to make it soak nice and deeply into your lips. This was the only product that restored my lips moisture and I tried my usual blisteze and Rose Otto Lip Salve with no joy this time!






10 comments:

  1. Just seen the Witch blemish stick in Sainsburys so picked one up! Looks like a good natural remedy! The Carmax lip balm is looking good too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the blemish Stick - have used it on a small burn from camping stove too and it really helped that heal on my hand! Good stuff. X

      Delete
  2. Hello Applebypie! Still loving your blog. I'm passing on a Liebster award to you (and your blog). Pop over to my page and grab it :)
    http://followmehome.shellybean.com/2012/08/i-am-so-honored.html
    Congratulations!!
    -Michele (shellybean) Marriott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - you are so sweet !! Am just preparing my post and awards - fun to do ! Such a treat ! Thank you again. XX

      Delete
  3. That blemish stick looks kind of amazing- I will definitely have to check that out!

    And you can't ever go wrong with carmex- there's just nothing like it! :)

    I hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've picked Carmex up - it is a small pot of wonderful stuff isn't it. Quite powerful! Am addicted now- it so works and is cheap too! x

      Delete
  4. I need to find that Witch Blemish stick. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good posting about Rescue Products!

    ReplyDelete