Wednesday 20 June 2012

Wednesday Beauty Buys



I have a couple of products that I have tried over the last few weeks that I have not used before, but liked the look of. I like products that don't take themselves too seriously and don't cost the earth so you are free to try them out at not too much cost. They were all from the Soap and Glory range that I got from Boots at a 3 for 2 offer . The first two were a couple of body scrubs/polishes and the third a wrinkle filler ( oh yeah). 


The first is Sugar Crush Body Scrub with smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains. This has almost a sticky texture to it, but leaves a lovely moisturised residue . Out of the two, this is a thicker scrub, but I found it gentler on the skin and just as effective.

Sugar Crush Body Scrub




The second is Flake Away with skin smoothing sea salt, grapeseed, and almond oils . It is described as a shea butter, sugar and peach sea powder spa powder polish. This could be used as a polish after Sugar Crush to give a really smooth finish or on it's own. This was definitely the harsher of the two scrubs in  my opinion , but I found something quite self righteous about the feel of those tiny grains rubbing away at those rough areas of skin! Also less of a residue in my opinion. Both scrubs/polishes leave your skin delightfully smooth - worth every penny, especially at the current deal.

Flake Away



The third item is an instant facial line filler called The Full Monty. This is applied to give a reduced look to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and says ( very much tongue in cheek)"features virtual retouching technology!" However, it does smooth out the skin around the eyes in particular and having reached an age where I am ticking that particular box ( see my post Beyond the tick in the box ) that is rather attractive. I did like this product and found it worked , although the temptation is to use too much in which case the small pot will not last long.....



The Full Monty- dab on instant wrinkle filler.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment