Sunday 13 May 2012

Tufty the Guinea Pig

Life in our household has been pretty traumatic this week to say the least with the untimely death of 'Tufty the Guinea Pig.' Many tears and much heartache from my oldest boy and too many difficult questions about death from my 4 year old, to which I answered as all self respecting Mothers do .... "Daddy will talk to you about that". I remember a few years ago when my Gran ( Grandy) died at 102, the funeral directors very kindly gave us a booklet to read with all the questions children ask about death in it . This was apparently to help us answer what they would ask and to help them process what had happened. Needless to say not one of the questions my children asked me was in that book!! They were more concerned with issues such as "What if you don't like the new body you get when you get to heaven?" and " If Grandy has a new body how will her husband know it's her?" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at my inability to give them answers that they were happy with!!

Anyway - the death of a guinea pig - that I can cope with. We got another one! He is so cute. Named "Bud".....settled in and very happy in his new home with his two  friends! 





No comments:

Post a Comment